World-Class Performing Arts Just Steps Away
Broadway shows, intimate gatherings, and more, come to life thanks to the MSC Opera and Performing Arts Society (OPAS), a partner organization to Texas A&M University’s Memorial Student Center (MSC). Since 1972, MSC OPAS has brought world-class performing arts events to Brazos Valley via the Rudder Theatre Complex, just a quick walk down famed Joe Routt Boulevard.
Whether in town for a game day, a parents weekend, or a quiet weekend away, make a point to add a broadway show or a College Station concert to your agenda. Take a peek at MSC OPAS’s performance line-up for the 2018-19 season:
- Tue & Wed, Oct 2 & 3 The Choir of Man
- Thu, Oct. 11 The Capitol Steps
- Wed, Oct 4 Steel Magnolias
- Tue, Oct 30 Soweto Gospel Choir
- Tue & Wed, Nov 6 & 7 The Sound of Music
- Fri, Nov 30 Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium of Adventure
- Mon & Tue, Dec 3 & 4 Celtic Woman: The Best of Christmas
- Tue & Wed, Feb 5 & 6 Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The King and I
- Feb 23 & Feb 24, Something Rotten!
- Tue, Feb 26, Frankenstein
- Tue, Mar 19 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Fri, Mar 22 Boston Pops
- Thu, Apr 4, Lonesome Traveler: The Concert
- Wed & Thu, Apr 10 & 11, Finding Neverland
Being just steps from Rudder Theater has its perks and makes us the perfect destination for dinner before any OPAS Performance. Join us at Brazos - Proper Texas Kitchen for traditional cooking techniques and local flavors are elevated with a modern twist in “True Texas” fashion. Dive into our 72 Hour Texas Wagyu Brisket, or Crispy Honey-Fried Chicken – a classic, iconic, pioneering tour de force that beckons us back time and time again. Comfort food is at its finest in a warm, inviting atmosphere celebrating gracious Southern hospitality and melding the flavors of Texas’ past with its future.
We have a prix fixe menu selected just for you to ensure you have time to enjoy a delicious meal and still make it to the show on time. We can hold your dessert and you can revisit us after the performance for a night cap and sweet treat to end your night. Book an overnight stay and you can take the elevator home to experience where the OPAS performers stay.